Dr Philip Lim MB.BS(London)
- The Middlesex Hospital Medical School, University of London, UK. MB.BS. 1985
- Graduate Diploma in Physical(musculoskeletal)Medicine University of Sydney. 2000
- Master of Medicine in Physical(musculoskeletal)Medicine University of Sydney. 2002
- Certification in Prolotherapy (AAOM) since 2010
- Member Australian Association of Physical Medicine since 2002
- Member Australian Association of Musculoskeletal Medicine since 2003
- Member American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine since 2003
- Member Hong Kong Institute of Musculoskeletal Medicine since 2005
- Secretary Australian College of Physical Medicine 2003-2006
- Vice President Australian College of Physical Medicine 2007-2010
- Fellowship Examiner for the Hong Kong Institute of Musculoskeletal Medicine
In 2003, having completed his Fellowship with the Australian College of Physical (musculoskeletal) Medicine, Dr Lim founded Northside Physical Medicine, a dedicated medical musculoskeletal clinic at St.Leonards just 4kms North of Sydney CBD.
In 2004, he introduced the advanced technique of prolotherapy, a non-surgical approach to regenerating ligament laxity, to his practice and is the first medical practitioner in Australia to gain certification in prolotherapy from the American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine.
In 2010, he introduced platelet rich plasma (PRP) to the practice as a substitute for dextrose, delivering a superior prolotherapy injectant in musculoskeletal regenerative treatment. PRP is now used for tendon tears as well as restoring osteoarthritic joints.
Dr Lim has undertaken ultrasound training with US trainer, Dr Tom Clark, an expert in dynamic ultrasound assessment and needle guidance.
Dr Lim is passionate about the science of pain management and is committed to delivering the most effective therapy, individually tailored to the needs of each patient.
These techniques include manual “hands-on” releases to the affected musculoskeletal structures, trigger points injection and releases, real-time ultrasound assessment of injured site, real-time ultrasound needle guidance to specific injured sites, fascial releases and lymphatic pumping, advanced cranio-sacral releases and restorative prescription exercises.
In his 26+ years’ experience, he has actively enhanced his knowledge and expertise through continuing education and training.
Dr Lim is also involved in the training of doctors in Hong Kong, guiding them to a new specialty in musculoskeletal medicine in Hong Kong. He is the current Examiner for the Hong Kong Institute of Musculoskeletal Medicine.
In 2011, he was nominated as President for the Asia-Pacific Association of Orthopaedic Medicine, a new chapter of the US parent Association, to lead the way in the training more doctors in this region in this exciting new medical field.
Dr. Michael Mock
Dr. Sue Leong
- diagnostic model
- trigger point injection & muscle energy release
- ligamentous & fascial release
- joint manipulation & release
- platelet rich plasma
- joint injection
- muscle scar tissue hydrodissection
- shoulder joint hydrodilation
- real-time ultrasound core training
- prescriptive exercises
- breathing dysfunction & capnotrainer